Welcome to the official blog for Babcock Ranch! Here, you'll find stories about Babcock, solar power, nature, innovation, or anything we think would be cool to share! Something you'd like to see? Let us know!
Construction Trends: What is a Flex Room?April 20, 2021
One of the trends taking over new construction in South Florida is flex rooms. This flexible space is becoming popular s because of the freedom it offers homeowners.
A flex room is a space in your home that can be used for a variety of purposes. For instance, homeowners may use it as a storage space and then repurpose it to a home office or gaming room. The space’s function can change along with the homeowner’s lifestyle choices and tastes.
Why Include a Flex Room in your New Construction Home
Unsure about whether a flex room is the right option for you? Below are a few ideas for how you can use this versatile space in your home:
- Home office: If you are currently working remotely, a home office can certainly make a difference. It’s a must to have your own space to concentrate on projects, conduct conference calls, and keep your work organized.
- Gym/Fitness Room: Has fitness become a priority? Create your at-home gym or fitness studio in your flex room. You can group your free weights, spin bike, treadmill, and other gym equipment here, out of sight from guests.
- Entertainment room: Want to keep your great room TV-free? Create an entertainment room with games and a TV for your family and guests to enjoy.
- Playroom: Children’s toys are fun, but they can create clutter. Turn your flex room into a playroom to create a fun space to let their imaginations soar.
- Hobby room: Whether you love painting, sewing, or playing an instrument, a flex room can provide a designated space to practice your favorite hobby.
- Extra bedroom: Welcome your guests in style with a special bedroom outfitted for their comfort.
Designing Your Flex Room
When it comes to designing a flex room, you should consider elements you may need on a day-to-day basis. This will facilitate the repurposing of the room whenever it is necessary. Here are a couple of factors to keep in mind:
- Typically, flex rooms are smaller than other rooms. Therefore, try to choose furniture that does not make the room seem smaller and limits the available space.
- If you plan to change decoration periodically, select neutral tones. This way, you can achieve a different look by changing only the accessories instead of the larger furniture pieces.
- Proper lighting is an excellent way of making your room look more spacious. Installing oversized windows, lighter hues, and mirrors can ensure your space looks well-lit and spacious.
The idea is to ensure your room has flexible furniture and decoration that will not hinder repurposing.
New Construction at Babcock Ranch
Looking for new construction in South Florida? Babcock Ranch is a sustainable town located in Punta Florida with new homes starting in the $200,000s. We have over 50 home models available in our 7 neighborhoods.