Ten Reasons You Should Relocate to FloridaNovember 02, 2017
This isn’t your parents’ Florida.
The state has come a long way since retirees began flocking to Florida 50 years ago. Today, you’ll find world-class entertainment, great schools, leading universities, high-tech jobs and top health care facilities.
Of course, Florida still has all the great amenities that have been here forever, including sun-soaked beaches, turquoise waters and warm weather year-round. The tax climate is great too because Florida is one of the few states with no income tax.
So — drumroll, please — here are 10 reasons you should relocate to Florida:
- Tired of shoveling snow? Leave your shovel and scraper behind when you relocate to Florida because the average temperature in the winter is in the balmy 70s.
- From Orlando’s theme parks to quiet beachside towns and busy nightlife in downtown hubs, you will find world-class entertainment and shows anywhere you live.
- Baseball fans will love Spring Training, a time when the major-league ball clubs hone their skills in intimate stadiums around the state. Professional football and basketball teams play in the major cities.
- Florida has 8,436 miles of shoreline, more than twice the distance of California’s shoreline. There are plenty of quiet beaches if seclusion is important and quaint beach towns for more lively beaches. Two beaches made the nation’s Top 10 Beach List for 2017 by Dr. Beach: Grayton Beach State Park and Caladesi Island State Park.
- Boating, fishing, sailing and diving are some of the favorite activities Florida residents get to enjoy year-round. In 2016, nearly 900,000 pleasure boats were registered in Florida, according to the Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles.
- You don’t have to go far to enjoy nature. Florida has 174 state parks, state trails and historic sites. You can camp at a beachside park or enjoy the natural springs inland. You can search for nature escapes here https://www.floridastateparks.org/. Check out the Florida National Scenic Trail, the 1,300-mile trail that slices through the state https://www.floridatrail.org/ .
- Florida is just one of a handful of states that doesn’t impose a state income tax. That’s extra money in your pocket if you come from high-tax states such as New York and Illinois.
- Florida’s education system has vastly improved in the last two decades as the state invested heavily in its teachers and facilities. Florida has 12 public universities and many more private colleges that offer top-rate education to learners of all ages.
- Florida’s 317 hospitals have more than 65,000 beds and are a significant driver of economic activity as patients seek care from across the U.S. In fact, the state has earned a reputation as a health care destination for international patients.
- Florida has abundant land for development, which gives consumers choices when it comes to shopping for a new home. The Florida Home Builders Association is the third-largest homebuilding association in the nation with 7,841 members.
At Babcock Ranch, you’ll find even more good reasons to relocate to Florida. Give us a call at 877-484-4434 to schedule a tour of our town and all that it has to offer.