Finding a home that fits all your needs and wants is easy in Southwestern Florida. The area offers homes appealing to young millennials, families, empty nesters, and anyone else searching out a sustainable lifestyle in a beautiful location! Whether you are looking for a one- or two-story home, to spend $200k or $1.5 million, or 1,000 square feet or 5,000, we can help you narrow down your search to the type of home right for you!
Get Your Money’s Worth
Sustainable living is affordable living. In Southwest Florida, there’s no point in buying a home that isn’t certified by Florida’s Green Building Coalition (FGBC) when it likely doesn’t cost any less than a home that’s certified! All the home options listed in this article are certified by Florida’s Green Building Coalition (FGBC) in one of their four green certifying levels: bronze, silver, gold, and platinum.
Let’s look at some of the economic upsides to buying a sustainable home:
- You will pay less for water: sustainable homes use stormwater, run-off, and reclaimed water from onsite and wastewater utility for irrigation.
- Your energy bill will be lower: energy-saving lighting and appliances, efficient heating and cooling equipment, and high-performance windows and insulation will lower the cost to heat and cool your home.
- Cut down on vehicle maintenance and gas: homes in sustainable neighborhoods are connected by interwoven trails, paths, and sidewalks and offer transportation options for residents. You’ll no longer need your car for shopping trips or to get downtown!
Here are some of the features you should also look for in a sustainable home:
- Programmable thermostats that let you control the heating and cooling of your home to the times you need them
- Native and low-impact landscaping that accounts for at least 75% of landscaping.
- WaterSense® compliant fixtures
- Recycling options nearby or available for pick-up
- Use of alternative energy for powering your home, like solar
Condominiums starting at $194,000
Whether entertaining or relaxing, condominiums are an inviting space for homeowners and guests alike with their free-flowing floor plans. Owner’s suites offer his and hers walk-in closets and guests are welcomed by spacious second bedrooms, with full baths.
Adjoining living and dining room space is ideal for hosting parties and when you aren’t hosting, you can choose to sit at the quaint dinette area. For lazy afternoons, you can choose between the breezy lanai or the roomy den.
Condominiums range from 1,000 to 1,600 square feet.
Twin Villas starting at $200,000
Twin villas are the perfect home for serene, casual living. From the outside of the home, you’ll notice a large lanai to grow plants and herbs. The two-car garage gives plenty of room to store your vehicles, kayaks, mountain bikes, and more!
As you enter the home, you’ll be drawn to the spacious living and dining rooms that share a multi-functional area for entertaining and relaxation. The dinette area is sure to become a hub of activity during mealtime and the study provides the perfect spot to work from home. The owner’s suite has large closets and a lavish bath and twin villas come with one to two more bedrooms for guests or additional family members.
Twin Villas range from 1,400 to 1,600 square feet.
Coach Homes starting at $280,000
view of the sunrise at Babcock Ranch
These inviting and spacious homes offer ample entertaining and relaxing space with an inviting open kitchen, dining, and living spaces. The owner’s suite offers privacy, as it is located on the opposite end of the home from the other bedrooms. The suite offers separate lanai access, his and her walk-in closets, a large bath, dual vanities, and an expansive shower. A 2-car attached garage is perfect for inside parking or a hobby play area. And enjoy the Sunshine State from your covered patio that lets the cool breeze in and keeps pests out!
From 1,700 square feet to over 2,100 square feet, coach homes allow you to spread your wings and the split floor plan of coach homes offers owners and guests added privacy
front view of a home
Single-family homes are as diverse and unique as those who live in them. These home designs range from cabins and cottages to executive and manor homes.
Single-Family Homes starting at $230,000
These single-family homes are perfect for small families and empty-nesters alike.
They boast open layouts with ample gathering space that encourages family time – and entertaining guests.
Each home offers a private Owner’s Suite with a huge walk-in closet, a spacious great room, a casual dining area, and a covered lanai. Dual linen closets and walk-in closets provide plenty of storage.
In these homes the possibilities are endless. You can find a home with a chef-inspired kitchen or a flex room perfect for a den, office, or extra bedroom. Expansive garages will fit all your toys, large and small.
Single Family Homes starting at $1,000,000
These beautiful homes will leave you wanting for nothing. From welcoming foyers to exquisite outdoor living areas, these open-concept homes offer the ideal combination of private spaces with social rooms. These single-family homes are ideal for large families or those with frequent guests. Gourmet kitchens, plenty of outdoor space and luxurious owner’s suites, and additional bedrooms, these homes are sure to please.
All the homes at Babcock Ranch incorporate best practices of green building. Call one of our Ambassadors to help you connect with builders who have homes that suit your style and budget.
Before You Buy: Other Considerations
Find A Sense of Belonging
Your purchase is about more than buying a house and plot of land, it’s about buying into a community. From inside your home, you benefit from the most advanced technologies but when you walk outside, you should be able to reconnect with nature and neighbors! Here are a few ways a well-thought-out neighborhood can connect you to your community:
- Annual, Monthly, and Daily Events: art shows, kids’ summer camps, walking tours and holiday parties are all great ways to get to know your neighbors!
- Gardens: Feed your soul with positive social interactions and feed your belly with organic and healthy food from your community garden!
- Public Transportation: Stepping towards a future of shared, driverless, electric vehicles so you can get to know your neighbors in the most technologically advanced way possible!
Amenities: What Can Your Community Offer You?
Look beyond the home and look at the extras! A great community also offers access to fabulous amenities. Here are few “musts”:
- Fitness Centers with pools, tennis, pickleball, and basketball courts, state-of-the-art equipment, and a robust calendar of exercise classes.
- Green Spaces with access to outdoor music venues, parks, picnic areas, and more.
- A golf course and clubhouse
- Outdoor clubrooms with fireplaces and grills
- Game rooms with billiards, darts, TV, and more.
Proximity to Everything You Need
aerial view of founder's square
Never worry about getting stuck in traffic going to the store again! A well-designed neighborhood should have restaurants, stores, markets, and more all within walking distance. Whether you need to buy a fishing pole, pick up your prescriptions from the pharmacy or go out for weekly groceries, you should be able to do so quickly and easily.
Now that you are equipped with the knowledge you need to buy your Florida dream home, it’s time to explore Babcock Ranch! Contact one of our Ambassadors to schedule a viewing of one of our model homes at (941) 200-1438.