Sod / Field Worker
Workers must know how to stack sod, operate a wide array of equipment and tools; including small tools, machinery, mowers and tractors. Available to work overtime and weekends if needed. 5+ years’ experience working in agriculture or sod industry. View this position on Indeed.com. For questions on this opportunity or other careers at Babcock Ranch, please email [email protected].
Babcock Ranch, FL
Babcock Ranch, the first solar town being developed in the United States in Punta Gorda, FL; is seeking a full-time Event Manager.
Under direction of the SVP – Marketing & Sales, this position is responsible for strategic development, planning, execution and event production deliverables for special events of various size, scope and scale for the Town of Babcock Ranch. The Event Manager is accountable for advancing alignment of event programs with Babcock Ranch’s overall real estate marketing and home sales strategy to maximize community exposure, increase sales traffic, and create a vibrant, exciting locale for potential homebuyers and visitors.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Assists SVP – Marketing & Sales with the development of annual objectives, strategies, budget and calendar for marketing events for Babcock Ranch to meet overall strategic business and marketing goals.
• Creates proposals for events including timelines, budgets, and necessary supporting
• documentation and ensures the timely execution and production of key deliverables.
• Formulates, executes and manages promotional events including program development, event strategy, event planning, entertainment, food and beverage management, budget management, pre- event communication including invitation lists, mailings, and RSVP tracking, and post-event ROI.
• Sources and negotiates contracts with outside service providers for onsite events.
• Manages event-related vendors and coordinates with other departments and/or outside services for entertainment, security, transportation, life/safety services and facilities to ensure optimum event success, efficiency and cost effectiveness.
• Coordinates with internal team and outside consultants to advertise and market events using social media, print media, commercial media and other marketing collateral.
• Establishes effective collaborative working relationships with internal colleagues to coordinate event details, planning and production.
• Responsible for ensuring sufficient staffing, scheduling, and coordination for events from set-up to breakdown, through use of outside vendors, internal associates and volunteers.
• Responsible for creating, maintaining and adhering to event budgets.
• Coordinates with the marketing team on event related materials such as invitations, copy, signage, advertisements, and social media.
• Regular in person attendance is required.
• Other duties as assigned.
Skills and Abilities
• Proven success and experience with planning and executing large-scale special events.
• Excellent verbal, presentation and interpersonal skills.
• Strong writing skills with the ability to clearly express ideas, write proposals, and prepare reports.
• Ability to work independently with a high level of project ownership and initiative for meeting deadlines and achieving objectives.
• Strong understanding of communications strategy and marketing principles.
• Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced environment and handle multiple tasks with quality results.
• Proven ability to follow-up, follow-through and finish tasks on or before deadlines.
• Organized and detail-oriented with strong analytical skills.
• Ability to run events from start to finish, from strategy and planning to execution of the smallest details.
• Strong collaborative skills and experience working across departments, with leadership, and with external agencies to direct event execution.
• Knowledge of using social media in business promotion to attract potential homebuyers and visitors to events.
• Good judgment and problem-solving skills.
• Team-oriented and strong collaborator.
• High energy, impeccable integrity, articulate and enthusiastic.
Education and/or Experience
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution.
• Five years prior experience in a strategic event planning management role.
• Corporate and/or entertainment event production experience preferred.
• Real estate development marketing experience a plus.
• Proficiency using Microsoft Office Suite.
Candidates who feel they meet these qualifications should send resume with salary requirements or call 941-467-1483. We maintain a Drug Free / Smoke Free Workplace and perform reference checks and criminal background screening. EOE. Local candidates only please, as we do not offer relocation assistance. View this position on Indeed.com. For questions on this opportunity or other careers at Babcock Ranch, please email [email protected].
Babcock Ranch, FL