Attention Real Estate Agents: Tips for Selling Homes in Babcock RanchNovember 30, 2017
By now, every agent in Southwest Florida has heard of Babcock Ranch.
One day, more than 50,000 people will call Babcock Ranch home because there’s room for 19,500 homes in the new community that straddles Lee and Charlotte counties. That’s millions of dollars in real estate sales commissions in a single community.
Whether you’re a real estate agent or broker, becoming an expert in sales at Babcock Ranch will prove to be rewarding. That’s because the first solar town in the country has already received international media attention.
There’s been so much interest in Babcock Ranch that the town’s neighborhood school is now full. At the inaugural Founder’s Festival, as many as 20,000 people attended the fun-filled event, nearly 10 times as many people as organizers expected (you can read the story here http://www.news-press.com/story/sponsor-story/babcock-ranch/2017/03/22/crowds-attracted-babcock-ranch/99496196/).
Because the interest is so significant, agents who sell homes at Babcock Ranch will find a backlog of eager buyers seeking the environmentally and socially enriching experience that Babcock Ranch can offer.
Consider these tips when selling homes in Babcock Ranch:
Tip 1: Let the Sun Shine
Homebuyers are more environmentally conscious today than at any time in the past. They’re looking for communities that embrace sustainability, which is the idea that residents can meet their current needs without compromising the next generation’s ability to satisfy their own needs at the expense of the environment.
In a partnership between Florida Power & Light, Babcock Ranch’s solar plant will generate enough power to sustain the needs of the town’s projected population of 50,000 residents. What’s more, Babcock Ranch’s solar-energy production from 338,448 photovoltaic panels on 440 acres will exceed residents’ energy consumption.
Building large-scale solar facilities are the most economical way to build solar in Florida because these plants can produce 2.5 times more energy than private, residential-rooftop solar for the same dollar invested.
Tip 2: Embrace the Amenities
Babcock Ranch is unlike many communities because developer Kitson & Partners started building the downtown area called Founders Square before the first residents moved in.
A coffee shop and ice cream shop called Square Scoops, a fitness center and Curry Creek Outfitters are just some of the amenities already available. They’re connected to residential areas via a series of trails so residents can walk or ride their bikes to them and leave their cars at home.
In the evenings and on the weekends, downtown is the place you go to hear great jazz in the band shell on the green, enjoy a fine-restaurant meal at Table & Tap, buy fresh fruits and vegetables from the farmer’s market or shop for special gifts.
Eventually, there’s room for six million square feet of commercial space. That’s enough space to fill more than 100 football fields.
Tip 3: Only the Home Builders
At Babcock Ranch, you’ll get the opportunity to work with some of the best homebuilders in Florida. They include:
- Castle Harbour Homes (castleharbourhomes.com) has been building custom homes at fair prices throughout Southwest Florida’s premier neighborhoods in Bonita Springs, Estero, Fort Myers, Naples and on your lot in Cape Coral.
- Florida Lifestyle Homes (https://flhfl.com/ ) has been building Old Florida and Farmhouse-style homes in Southwest Florida since 1993. These homes are designed to be harmonious with Florida’s natural surroundings.
- Fox Premier Builders (http://foxpremierbuilders.com/) has been in business for more than 20 years. The family owned homebuilding company specializes in luxury custom homes combine uncompromising craftsmanship with attention to detail.
- Homes by Towne (http://www.homesbytowne.com/) has specialized in building condominiums and single-family homes in livable, well-thought out communities in Arizona, California, Florida, Hawaii, Texas and Wisconsin for more than 65 years.
- Lennar (lennar.com), founded in 1954, is one of the nation’s largest builders of quality homes for all generations. The company builds affordable, move-up and retirement homes primarily under the Lennar brand name.
- Stock Development (stockdevelopment.com) is one of the most dynamic and innovative development companies in Southwest Florida. With more than seven decades of building experience, the Stock family name has long been synonymous with quality real estate.
- Pulte Homes (https://www.pulte.com/) has been building homes for more than 60 years. Today, Pulte operates in 50 markets including Southwest Florida. The company operates brands that include Centex, Pulte and Del Webb, serving homeowners through all phases of their lives.
Visit our special real estate page for agents here or call us at (941) 235-6900 to schedule a special presentation with one of our Town Ambassadors.